Colonel Christopher K. Lacouture is the Commander of the 913th Airlift Group, Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas. Colonel Lacouture organizes, trains, and equips Air Force Reserve C-130J aircrew and Agile Combat Support elements to deploy in support of worldwide combat airlift operations and other taskings by the National Command Authorities.
Colonel Lacouture earned his commission in 1996 as a graduate of the Air Force Academy. That year he attended Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training at Vance Air Force Base and served on Active Duty for more than 15 years before joining the Air Force Reserve as an Air Reserve Technician in 2011. He has seen worldwide duty in Air Force Reserve Command, Air Force Education and Training Command, Indo-Pacific Command, Air Combat Command, Air Force Special Operations Command, Air Mobility Command, and Africa Command. He has served as a group and squadron commander, unit and group standardization and evaluation pilot, flight commander, and safety officer. Colonel Lacouture is a command pilot with more than 3,600 total hours including 120 combat hours.
1996 Bachelor of Science in Management, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2001 Masters of Business Administration, University of Maryland University College, College Park, Md.
2003 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2008 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2008 Flight Safety Officer Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2011 Combined Air Operations Center Initial Qualification Personnel Recovery Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2011 Personnel Recovery Planning Course, Joint Personnel Recovery Agency, Fredericksburg, Va.
2012 Advanced Instrument School, Randolph AFB, Texas
2016 Air War College, by correspondence
2017 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington D.C.
2018 Joint Combined Warfare School – Hybrid, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1. August 1996–March 1997, Joint Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance Air Force Base, Okla.
2. March 1997–October 1997, Student, Rotary-Wing Pilot Training, Ft Rucker, Ala.
3. February 1998–April 2001, Chief of Plans, 1st Helicopter Squadron, Andrews AFB, Md.
4. April 2001–November 2001, HH-60G Initial Qualification Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
5. November 2001–December 2004, Mobility Officer, 66th Rescue Squadron, Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, Nev.
6. December 2004–December 2007, Flight Commander and Resource Advisor, 66 RQS, Kadena AB, Japan
7. December 2007–November 2011, Deputy Chief Group Stan/Eval, 58th Operations Group, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
8. November 2011–February 2013, Chief Squadron Stan/Eval, 301 RQS, Patrick AFB, Fla.
9. February 2013–June 2015, Asst. Director of Operations, 301 RQS Patrick AFB, Fla.
10. June 2015–December 2016, Commander, 920th Operations Support Squadron, Patrick AFB, Fla.
11. December 2016–June 2017, Commander, 920 OG, Patrick AFB, Fla.
12. June 2017–June 2019, Senior HH-60 Evaluator Pilot, 920 OG, Patrick AFB, Fla.
13. June 2019–September 2019, Commander, 301 RQS, Patrick AFB, Fla.
14. October 2019–March 2020, Commander, 303rd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Baledogle Military Airfield, Somalia
15. April 2020–July 2020, Senior HH-60 Evaluator Pilot, 920 OG, Patrick AFB, Fla.
16. July 2020–Present, Commander, 913 AG, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: more than 3,600
Aircraft Flown: T-37, UH-1H, UH-1N, HH-60G, and C-130J
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with two service stars
Iraq Campaign Medal with service star
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1996
First Lieutenant May 29, 1998
Captain May 29, 2000
Major May 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel Oct 1, 2013
Colonel May 11, 2020
(Current as of July 2020)